Safe Digital X-Rays in Long Beach, CA
In dentistry, x-rays are the most important diagnostic tools we use. X-rays give us the ability to see what the naked eye can’t so we can detect problems before they become painful or complicated.
However, there’s a legitimate concern about the exposure to radiation with any x-ray. At the office of Andrew R. Jung, DDS, our utmost concern is for your comfort and safety. That is why we have chosen to protect our patients using state-of-the-art digital x-rays.
How Digital X-Rays Benefit You
Digital technology allows us to take images faster, more safely, and more comfortably than ever before, and the advantages don’t stop there:
- Digital x-rays improve the speed, efficiency, and accuracy of our diagnostics.
- The sensors used to take the image are much more comfortable in your mouth than traditional x-ray films you may be used to.
- Since the image is sent to a computer and develops almost instantaneously, there’s no sitting around waiting for film to develop.
- Digital x-rays use considerably less radiation than film x-rays; some estimates say up to 80% less! Your safety is one of our top priorities, so of course we’ll still use shielding aprons so that you are exposed to as little radiation as possible.
Digital X-Rays Keep You Informed
You and Dr. Jung can view your digital x-rays together on a computer monitor next to your dental chair. This remarkable technology allows him to zoom in, highlight, and even rotate the image, making it easier for you to understand our findings and the treatment plan we recommend.
Dr. Jung believes strongly in educating our patients about their oral health to ensure you have the information needed to make smart decisions for you and your family.
Practical Advantages of Digital Imaging
Comfort, improved diagnostics, and precision are obvious advantages of digital imaging, but the benefits don’t stop there:
- Digital images are easily included in your electronic patient record for future access. This allows us to quickly review your history and track the progression of certain conditions or treatments.
- Since images are stored electronically, there’s no need to waste office space storing them or lose time retrieving them.
- Images can be securely sent electronically to specialists and insurance providers when necessary, creating less hassle for you.
- Because no chemicals are required to process digital images, they are better for the environment
Please Call to Learn More
Advances in dentistry have produced some remarkable technology that makes your dental care easier and more effective than ever before. At the office of Andrew R. Jung, DDS, we make it a point to stay current with these advances to bring you the best, most updated treatment that dentistry has to offer.
If you would like to learn more about all the ways we use technology to benefit our patients, please give us a call!